23 May 2019

Questions about Lars, "The Caller," Lymphedema, etc.

Courtesy of Microsoft
Dear Ladies,

I thought that I might receive a few questions after my last couple of posts, but I was surprised at the level of curiosity.  Here follow most of the questions.  Some were omitted; some were combined with similar questions.

Is Lars the guy's real name?  Is Lars really _____ (name of person I have never known)?  

Lars is a pseudonym.  As long-term readers of this humble blog know, if someone is not a public person, I don't use his/her real name.  As a retired public official, Lars is sort of a public person, but since I still don't know what role (if any) he played in the phone calls, I am inclined to protect his privacy.

You mentioned an ex-boyfriend with a gun and a badge.  Is Lars a cop?

Lars retired after a successful law enforcement career here in California.  I don't know what involvement he has with law enforcement in Tennessee, so I don't know whether he is a LEO now.  

Why are you afraid of Lars?  What do you look like?

I don't know that I am afraid of him; I do take precautions because, as I wrote above, I don't know what role he played in my being threatened, beyond (in my opinion) not being careful with my personal information and not stopping the calls once he knew about them.  Lars wasn't exactly a social butterfly, so my guess is that the list of possibilities was short.

My driver's license and car registration go to a PO Box in an area several miles from where I lived.  Lars could obtain my residence address from the Department of Motor Vehicles, but he would have had to have submitted a formal request and justified the request for information.

I don't post current photos of myself online.  The only photos of me online are photos Lars already had.  

If you want to know what I look like, I will tell you that Lars thought I resembled Catherine Zeta-Jones.  He was being too kind.

I don't write anything about my family that would give specific information about them, unless it was information that Lars already knew.  I don't tell where I attend Church, for example.  Some have complained about that policy, but I won't stop protecting my family as much as I can.

Who was it that called you?

In 2001-02, based on her voice and diction, I developed the idea that "The Caller" was of northern European heritage, spoke the "Great Basin" dialect of English, had taken high school Spanish but hadn't done very well, was of the middle class.  I estimated that she was in her early twenties.  She knew private things about me and my relationship with Lars that lent credibility to her contention that they were in a relationship and he had told her these things.  She felt threatened by me because Lars continued to love me after we broke up.  

To this day, I do not know her identity, where she lives, etc.  In a way, I believe that is just as well:  As I told a private investigator I spoke with many years ago, if "The Caller" falls over her own feet and dies, I don't want to be blamed; as it stands, I can honestly state that I have no idea who she is.  

I surmise that she had a relationship of some sort with Lars.  The extent of that relationship is unknown to me because Lars has never communicated with me about "The Caller."  His boss didn't communicate with me, either, but the calls stopped immediately after my letter arrived at Lars's workplace; therefore, I surmise that his boss had a role in stopping them.

Did the woman who called you go to jail?

Nope.  

Why do you hate _____?

I am a Christian, so I don't hate anyone.  I may have to take action to protect my family or myself; however, hating someone is a mortal sin, and I avoid mortal sin and repent of it if I don't avoid it.  

Why would you want to live in a crappy place like Tennessee?  Don't you know that you cannot make any money there?

I am not familiar with the entire state, but I love eastern Tennessee!  When I was single before, I planned to move there when my education was over.  After I married Braveheart, I lobbied for eastern Tennessee as a place to live when he finished with his military career and for a retirement place in our dottage.  

I don't need to make that much money.  A thousand a month meets our basic expenses beyond housing, even allowing for California prices and no garden; $1500 a month beyond housing gives me money to save and to spend on wants; $2000 a month and we are rollin' in it, baby!  Due to the smell and visual appearance of the Lymphorrhea, I don't think I'm going to be able to work in somebody else's office, at least not full-time, so I have been exploring various virtual options that I can do almost anywhere.

Once the family and I decide where we want to live, if we could luck into a fertile acre or even half an acre, we could do quite well, barring the disasters that have plagued farmers and herders since time immemmorial.  I can grow nearly anything as well as raising goats and chickens.  I am adept at living off-grid as long as I can have some solar power and a clean water source.

Where do you live?  How long have you been homeless?  Where do you sleep? Where do you shower?

We continue to live in northern California because of my health, but we want to leave sooner rather than later.  We left a bit over a year ago, but we had to return last September because of my health.  (I'm sensing a theme here, haha.)

I haven't had a permanent residence in over a year, but I have only considered us homeless for about seven months.  

We have a few sleeping areas in our vehicle, and we each have our own sleeping bags.

We shower at a gym that is part of our health plan.

Why do you have Lymphedema?  Is it primary or secondary?  Are you ever going to get better?

I have no idea why I have Lymphedema.  I don't know if it is primary or secondary Lymphedema, but I suspect that it is secondary.  While no cure exists for Lymphedema, I do believe that treatment will be helpful for me.  

Agape always,
Cynthia

No comments: