|Courtesy of Microsoft.|
The flower for August is the gladiolus, and am I "glad" to be here with you all!
I hope that everyone enjoyed a beautiful July and early August. Everything here was gorgeous, as usual, except for being a bit hotter than I expected. The time was one of facing and overcoming a new challenge. The time was also one of realization. I absolutely must make some changes, but I cannot see how to effect those changes. Please keep my family and me in your prayers.
Our August Foci include the following:
- Returning to a regular schedule of prayer and Bible reading. Due to the erratic schedule we temporarily moved away from praying and reading from the Bible twice a day. We continued to pray and to read the Bible together, but not in the regular way that is our custom. I grew up with the adage, "No Bible, no breakfast; no Bible, no bed." Just a few minutes a day spent in God's word orients us to the way He wants us to live.
- Returning to our regular schedule of events. I need to be on a schedule. The schedule does not need to be rigid, but I do need some structure.
- Reorienting ourselves to schooling. We don't follow the September - June school schedule. This year, however, with everything that went on in July and early August, our schooling went a bit off track.
- Preparing for a major life change that looms down the road a piece. I don't mean to sound cryptic; I simply cannot write publicly about recent occurrences.
- Reorienting to living all of the FW teachings to the best of my ability. I would give myself a score of 78 out of 100 in living FW right now. However, I am used to living FW in the 90s and everyone feels so much happier when I do.