08 January 2020

No Big Secret Exists (and a Persistent False Rumor about Mrs. A's Workbook)

Marisot - Summer Afternoon - 1870 - Public Domain
Dear Ladies,

A third, rather persistent, rumor pops up a few times a year in my correspondence, almost always from my wonderful former students.  

The rumor concerns my decision to request that my name be removed from Dixie Forsyth's website.  The rumor is a variation on the idea that a big secret was behind my name being removed from Mrs. Forsyth's website.

When I asked Mrs. Forsyth to remove my name, I wrote the following on my website:  


"On July 22, 2017, Cynthia was informed of the new requirement of teaching with Mrs. Forsyth's  book, which Cynthia did not wish to do as she has no acquaintance with the book.  Therefore, on that date, Cynthia requested to have her name removed from Mrs. Forsyth's website."


My statement is the absolute truth.   

I don't know about other Marriage and Homemaking teachers, but I don't teach out of books that I haven't read; usually, I don't adopt a book as part of my teaching practice unless I have read the book several times and thought about the book and how I might incorporate it in a class.

Occasionally someone will write to ask for my opinion on Mrs. Forsyth's book; however, I have not read the book, so I cannot make any comment about it. 

Another persistent false rumor is that I didn't have permission to use Mrs. A's workbook  In fact, Mrs. Forsyth asked me to send her money (lol) unless I could prove that Mr. Brian Andelin had given me permission to use Mrs. Andelin's workbook. Fortunately, I was able to provide her with a copy of the email that Brian had sent me, in which he enthusiastically supported my teaching, confirmed my permission to share Mrs. Andelin's workbook, and gave me his private mobile number.  

As I commented to an online acquaintance last week, I can hardly wait to see what the rumors are when I write about how I overcame the second greatest temptation of my life.  That story actually is a bit on the juicy side, even if I do say so myself!

Have a fascinating new year!

Agape always,
Cynthia

PS: I remembered that the experience I mentioned to my acquaintance was, in actuality, the second greatest temptation rather than the first.  












No comments: