16 April 2019

Paperback Pre-Orders

My Own Work
Dear Ladies,

I hope that you all are well.  I was ill last week, but improvement is being noted.  I had Cellulitis on my leg that "went systemic."  Although I avoided the hospital so far, I can tell you that this is about as sick as I have ever been.  Prayers and good thoughts are requested and appreciated.

A few weeks ago, two of my Advanced Marriage Enrichment students asked for a paperback version of A Fascinating Companion.  I anticipated a paperback version, but life intervened and it never happened, which disappoints me (in myself) because I think it's about a twenty-hour project---the twenty hours of unscheduled time have eluded me for these two years. Sad, yes, but that's life for a single mom, no matter how she became that way.

When the book is for sale on Amazon.com, it will retail for at least $45.00.  Why so much?  As a self-published, print-on-demand author, I have to pay retail cost for services that larger publishers pay wholesale.  Amazon will also want its cut for hosting the book on the website.  In the paperback version, which includes a workbook, the basic cost will be around $40.00, with $5.00 in profit to me.

The pre-order price is just $30.00, a price that represents my cost for the book.  If you think you will want the book anyway, I suggest that you pre-order and save at least $15.00.  If you are outside the United States, we can figure out approximately how much it would cost to ship the book to you and add that to your cost.  Right now, I cannot afford to absorb international postage costs.

If you would like to pre-order a book, please email me at berengerfamily@yahoo.com or leave a comment on the blog.  I will send you an invoice for the pre-order via PayPal; that way, if anything goes wrong, you have the PayPal protection plan.

I am still working on the "why" post; it's instructive, if nothing else.

Agape always,
Cynthia




No comments: