28 July 2017

Femininity Friday: My Femininity Star

Photo of Mrs. Kennedy Typing - 1960 - Public Domain
Dear Ladies,

I hope that you all are doing good, feeling well, and sharing your joie de vivre with others.

Today is a special day for me, for it is the birthday of my "Femininity Star," Mrs. John F. Kennedy, better known as Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy.  (I don't recognize her marriage to Onassis; I believe that while the marriage was legal, it wasn't valid.)  

Was Mrs. Kennedy a perfect person?  No, she decidedly was not.  She was, like the rest of us, a sinner and had her full share of faults.  For me,  however, Mrs. Kennedy served as a model of an intelligent woman who was secure enough in herself that she could remain a feminine woman, too.  Although Mrs. Kennedy dressed in beautiful couture clothing, my favorite photograph features her in a house dress at a typewriter, just as I am myself so many times.

Who is your Femininity Star?  Who helps provides a model for you to emulate in some way?  I would love to know, so please leave me a comment if you like or link to this post and share your ideas on your own blog.

I hope that my "woman-to-woman" ideas have helped.

Agape always,
Cynthia

No comments: