14 July 2017

Femininity Friday: An Acceptance Exercise

Courtesy of Microsoft
Dear Ladies,

I hope that everyone is feeling well, doing good, and sharing her joie de vivre with others.

I hope, as well, that you enjoy the following excerpt from page 115 of my book, A Fascinating Companion, which is available on Lulu and on Etsy.
"I completed this assignment during premarital counseling, and my students have found the exercise to be helpful in learning to look at their own and their suitors’, fianc├ęs’, or husbands’ better side. 
Step One: Take a sheet of paper and fold it lengthwise. On one column write all your strong points. If needed, look back at your list of positive traits from earlier in the class. On the other column, write your faults. 
Step Two: On a second sheet of paper, do the same for your loved one. 
Step Three: Take the two sheets of paper and fold the “fault” column so that it’s in the back. 
Step Four: Tape together the two sheets of paper so that the two “strengths” columns are side-by-side. You can use the resulting paper to look to your own and to your loved one’s better side. Many women have found that their own and their significant others’ strengths complement each other." 

I hope that my little "woman-to-woman" ideas have helped.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Agape always,
Cynthia 

No comments: