30 May 2017

Lady Living in a Mini-Van...

Courtesy of Microsoft
Today, as I sat in my car in the grocery store parking lot, I saw a neatly dressed and groomed woman open up the back of her mini-van--an unremarkable occurrence in itself.  However, the minivan contained a bed and the elements of a camp kitchen, leading me to the conclusion that she was living in her vehicle.  I wonder how many women are in her same situation, without a permanent place to live, but not counted among the homeless because she does not use shelters or any other services.  I hope and pray that she is safe and that her situation is temporary.

Agape always,
Cynthia

2 comments:

Dawn said...

For some people this type of living is 100% voluntary. Just gypsies at heart I guess. Hopefully the lady you saw is in this group.

I've been watching videos on a YouTube channel called CheapRVLiving, and it has many stories of individuals from various walks of life who live full-time in vans, cargo trucks, truck campers, and all types of trailers and motorhomes.

I could never live like that as I have too many anxieties to be such a hardy and self-reliant nomad, but I find it very interesting.

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Dawn,

How funny! I, too, love CheapRVLiving.com and the related YouTube channel! I have learned about an entire culture within a culture that I had no idea existed.

For some reason, though, I didn't have the idea that this lady was a voluntary nomad. I can't put my finger on anything specific, and of a certainty, my intuition has been wrong many times.

I hope that all is well for you. Have a fascinating day!

Agape always,
Cynthia