17 March 2017

Femininity Friday: Ten Ways to Honor Mr. Husband on Husbands' Day

The Marriage of Mary and Joseph
Dear Ladies,

This coming Sunday, March 19, is Husbands' Day!  March 19 is the day that most Christians honor Joseph, the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus.  But you don't have to be a Christian to honor your husband on this special day.  

When I was married, I loved giving Braveheart a little bit of extra indulgence on Husbands' Day.  You will know best just how to please your Mr. Husband; I offer these ten ideas to start your imagination working.

  1. Give him a Certificate of Leadership and really mean it;
  2. Treat him to a foot bath and foot massage;
  3. Give him a manicure (no polish is usually needed 😃) and kiss his fingertips;
  4. Shave his face while you are wearing a particularly attractive outfit; 
  5. "Kidnap" him and take him on a picnic for two (you can bring a book to read to each other);
  6. Join him in the shower or bathtub;
  7. Serve him his favorite brand of beer or another treat he rarely is able to enjoy;
  8. Watch his favorite film with him and don't complain about the violence, bathroom "humor," Bond girls, etc. (I used to close my eyes during the violent scenes);
  9. Write a name poem in beautiful lettering and frame it to be displayed where he will see it often;
  10. Have a family Karaoke night and sing a special song to him.
As always, I hope that my little "woman-to-woman" ideas have helped.

Agape always,
Cynthia

2 comments:

Dawn said...

The name poem is a very sweet idea. That's where you write something nice pertaining to each letter of his name, right?

It wouldn't be the same, but I would have to use an electric razor if I were to shave my husband. He'd be too scared to enjoy it if I used something with a real blade. :-)

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Dawn,

Yes, you have the exact idea of a name poem! True, using an electric wouldn't be quite the same; at the same time...safety first ;)

Agape always,
Cynthia