07 January 2017

Respecting Mr. Husband's Privacy

God Speed - Leighton - Public Domain
Am I old-fashioned?  
Or has respecting other people's privacy gone out of style?  

I ask because apparently I am one of the few who did not snoop on her husband.  I would only search through my husband's or my adult children's private materials if that person had disappeared.  Even then, I would be looking for clues as to where the person had gone.  I might, might snoop on my husband if I suspected an affair and had decided to end the marriage if I found evidence of an extra-marital relationship.

If a man is old enough to become a husband, he is an adult.  We respect the privacy other adults, yes?  How can our husbands be our knights in shining armor if they are treated as children?

I am curious about one thing:  How prevalent is snooping on one's husband?  The poll to the left is confidential.  I won't know who answered what, so please let me know.

As always, I hope that my little "woman-to-woman" ideas have helped.

Agape always,
Cynthia

2 comments:

Laura Jeanne said...

Yes, I do snoop from time to time, with fear in my heart, to determine if certain loathsome addictions of my husbands have continued unabated. I have often been deeply distressed by what I found, but in a marriage where deception on the part of the husband is a common, perhaps even an every day occurrence, I believe it's better for the wife to ensure she knows how things stand, rather than walk in darkness. If there was any possibility of trusting my husband, however, I would never invade his privacy. Sadly, that is not the case.

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Laura,

I will continue to pray for your situation and please pray for my situation, too.

Agape always,
Cynthia