22 November 2012

Keep the Gratitude Going and a Thank You

Clip Art Courtesy of Microsoft.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
to which indeed you were called in one body. 
And be thankful. 
~ Colossians  3:15

I hope that you all are enjoying or have enjoyed a lovely day of thanksgiving with your families and friends.  Unfortunately, not everyone in my circle is doing so.  Acquaintances were displaced by fire late Wednesday; please pray for their comfort and in thanks for the courage, well-being, and wisdom of the firefighters and investigators involved.  Another relative has lost his job through no fault of his own, just more Obama II downsizing; please pray for him and his family.  

One of our FW Lessons deals with Gratitude and its surprising benefits.  One study found that keeping a gratitude list each day helped study subjects to feel happier, exercise more, become more empathic, and strengthen their relationships with family and friends.  Not everyone who keeps a daily gratitude list will experience such fabulous results; however, a daily recording of all the people, actions, and things for whom or for which one feels thankful almost certainly cannot hurt and doing so is a wonderful way to keep the gratitude of Thanksgiving Day going year 'round.

In addition to my relationship with God, my family, and my friends, I want to thank everyone who visits this blog for doing so; it is a privilege to share my thoughts with you.  I wish to thank, in particular, those who donated to help my family as well as those who shopped through Amazon.com.  The funds for this year so far have totaled about $250.00, and those were and continue to be very needed dollars. 

May God bless you and yours always.

Agape always,
Cynthia

2 comments:

Laura Jeanne said...

Cynthia, if you were to join the Associate program with Amazon.ca, I would be happy to purchase all my books through your link. I spend several hundred dollars there per year on homeschooling books, and I just spent quite a bit on Christmas items and I felt unhappy that I couldn't find anyone to support that way! My library used to have a link but they recently changed their website and no longer have it.

Just a thought! Happy American Thanksgiving! :)

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Laura,

I appreciate the good wishes as well as the suggestion. Thank you! I will definitely investigate this possibility.

Agape always,
Cynthia

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers